Public Health Palliative Care
Australia and New Zealand
"A city is not merely a place to work and access services but equally a place to enjoy support
in the safety and protection of each other’s company, in schools, workplaces, places of
worship and recreation, in cultural forums and social networks anywhere within the city’s
influence, even to the end of our days" .
Compassionate city charter, A Kellehear
Compassionate Communities Network aims to promote and integrate social approaches to dying, death and bereavement in the everyday life of individuals and communities.
We do this by:
- identifying and promoting leading practices
- leading and advocating for practices to be embedded in policy
- encouraging, strengthening and establishing partnerships that support community capacity building and resilience
- furthering research in our culturally diverse communities
- creating healthy end of life settings and environments
There is a growing movement in Australia and New Zealand and we invite you to be a part of it.